Mark R. Commean, DMD
I love being a dentist! I have wanted to be a dentist since I was four years old. One of my favorite things is after treating a nervous patient, I get to hear them say “That was easier than I thought it was going to be.” What a reward for my staff and me!
The only result more important to us is giving you a great smile. We love interacting with each one of our patients and we’ll often talk about work, school, kids, and traveling. I am always trying to get to know all my patients better, and in my 14 years of practicing dentistry, I have had the privilege to meet many new people.
After dental school, I attended a year-long training at Ft. Benning, GA. While there, I learned advanced procedures and gained experience beyond the skills I learned in dental school. We know that a dental office is not a place you want to be, so we do our best to have a fun and provide a comfortable environment to help ease any potential fears.
- Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine, Alton, IL
- Advanced education in general dentistry, Ft. Benning, GA: one-on-one training with some of the best specialists in their respective fields
- Invisalign certification
- Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry
- LANAP certification
- Picasso laser certification
- All-on-4 training
- American Dental Association
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Fox River Valley Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
I grew up in a small Southern Illinois town (Du Quoin), close to Carbondale, but have lived in Oswego since 2004. I came back from a three-year tour in Germany while serving in the Army. My wife and I have two children, Dilan and Sofia. My family loves to travel and spend time together. I enjoy exercising and playing with my kids.
Dentistry means everything to me. I am always researching new technology and techniques. Our goals are to provide you a comfortable and efficient experience while creating a great smile that you’ll want to show off!