Spectra is a non-invasive cavity detection aid that helps eliminate the guesswork in detecting and diagnosing tooth decay and enhances case acceptance through better patient education.
CamX Spectra Cavity Detection Aid is the only cavity detection aid that uses fluorescence technology to visualize and discover cavities earlier, as well as plaque and calculus.
ELIMINATE THE GUESSWORK
- CamX Spectra uses fluorescence to detect cavities in fissures and smooth surfaces that may go unnoticed in X-ray images
- 4 Violet LEDs stimulate metabolic products found in cariogenic bacteria, causing them to glow red while healthy enamel glows green
- Detects decay hidden between the margins of existing composite and amalgam restorations
- Put down the explorer, which has very low sensitivity for cavity detection and provides virtually no diagnostic feedback. Moreover, explorers can actually cause damage by breaking enamel rods and causing an iatrogenic cavitation when forced into an incipient carious lesion
- Repeatable and reliable documentation for monitoring progress of cavities due to the 8mm spacer
MOTIVATE PATIENTS TO SAY YES: PATIENT CASE ACCEPTANCE AND CASE MANAGEMENT
- Spectra’s Doppler radar-like images are easily understood and allow you to clearly show your patients how early intervention helps them
- Early detection means pinpointing problems at an earlier stage, which traditionally go undetected. This leads to more conservation and less excavation
- Spectra guides you through the cavity removal process from pre-to-post procedure, ensuring that all carious dentin has been removed
- Store and compare images over time to track the effect of your treatment
DETECT & TREAT Cavities EARLIER
- Cavity and plaque filters in the imaging software show cavity activity by means of a color scale and numeric evaluation – exclusive technology only available with CamX Spectra
- Healthy enamel appears green while carious regions will appear in either blue, red, orange or yellow
- A numerical indicator will display between 0 and 5 indicating the extent of the decay
- Cavity Detection images reimbursement is recognized more and more by insurance companies. Use these three NEW CDT codes, available and related to Cavity Risk Assessment and Documentation for Low, Moderate, and High Risk:D0601, D0602 and D0603.